Finance, Controllers, RMD Legal Entity Accounting, Senior Analyst, Irving
Controllers Divisional Overview:
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm’s business. Controllers also ensure that the firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets
- Prepare monthly invoices for services provided by RMD to Asset Management and other divisions.
- Act as an administrator for Firmwide timekeeping system and maintain current billing codes as well as provide customer service to employees and department managers regarding their time worked and leave time.
- Access bank reports and post daily cash receipts. Work with the initiator of the funds transfers as needed to accurately apply the cash receipts.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and communicate with the responsible parties to resolve the outstanding items. Follow up on open issues as necessary to resolve.
- Review vendor payment requests to ensure the proper classification of expenses.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to accrue expenses and amortize prepaid expenses.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts monthly and maintain documentation to substantiate the account balances. Resolve reconciliation items in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for internal distribution.
- Work with other members of the Corporate Accounting team to ensure financial reporting integrity.
Basic Qualifications• BS/BA in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 years of relevant, continuous work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – must have the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently or on a team with a sense of urgency.
- Strong problem solving ability, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in computer navigation and Microsoft environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is a plus.
- JDEdwards experience a plus.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top