Finance - Controllers - RMD Legal Entity Accounting - Analyst/Sr. Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Access bank reports and post daily cash receipts. Work with the initiator of the funds transfers as needed to accurately apply the cash receipts.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and communicate with the responsible parties to resolve the outstanding items. Follow up on open issues as necessary to resolve.
- Review vendor payment requests to ensure the proper classification of expenses.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts monthly and maintain documentation to substantiate the account balances. Resolve reconciliation items in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reports for internal distribution.
- Work with other members of the Corporate Accounting team to ensure financial reporting integrity.
- BS/BA in Finance/Accounting preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 years of relevant, continuous work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must have the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Must be self motivated and have the ability to work independently or on a team with a sense of urgency.
- Strong problem solving ability, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), analytical and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in computer navigation and Microsoft environment.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is a plus.
- JDEdwards experience a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top