Finance, Controllers, Regulatory Financial Reporting, Vice President, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
- Responsible for the quarterly global Balance Sheet Substantiation ("BSS") process for a leading financial services firm; provide analytics on results and present to senior management
- Responsible for BSS Peer Reviews, as well as participate in selected peer reviews. This requires a thorough understanding of financial services and products and the balance sheet to create audit programs, the ability to edit/provide meaningful commentary on finding reports, and then to ensure that all outstanding issues have been addressed
- Liaise extensively with internal groups across the firm, such as Legal Entity Controllers, Product Control, SOX team, Fed Reporting team, Internal Audit, and Operations, as well as external auditors
- Prepare the quarterly BSS reporting including the BSS Steering Group presentation
- Develop quarterly training and provide classroom training as needed
- Formulate the BSS guidelines and the BSS policy
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for senior management
- Manage the U.S. GAAP standalone financial statement peer review process and provide commentary on standalone legal entity financial statements and related footnotes
- Provide mentoring to junior members of the team and participate in their career growth through training and other career development activities
- Responsible for assigning tasks and work assignments to junior team members and reviewing their work. Directly oversee a summer intern
- Lead/participate in firm-wide strategic initiatives
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/DEGREE AND FIELD: Bachelor's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
MINIMUM YEARS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum eight years plus of experience in the job offered or in a role involving control-related activities, such as Balance Sheet Substantiation, SOX, and Financial Statement Review
SPECIAL SKILLS AND/OR LICENSES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB:
- Must have advanced excel , word and powerpoint skills
- Must have experience with:
- U.S. GAAP, including financial statement review as well as in-depth knowledge of latest accounting pronouncements impacting the financial services industry
- Working within a rapidly changing, deadline-sensitive environment, concurrently handling multiple tasks of varying degrees of complexity, and prioritizing initiatives accordingly
- Mentoring junior associates
- Leading/managing a global process related to financial control processes – including experience delegating tasks, setting project schedule, ensuring deadlines are met, managing the peer review processes, creating an audit program, understanding if findings are within policy and following up on findings
- Managing global strategic initiatives across multiple divisions
- Working groups – Ability to facilitate change in workflows outside of core responsibilities
- SOX 404 process
- Conducting business presentations and training sessions
- Financial services/capital markets work experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top