Finance, Controllers, Regulatory Financial Reporting, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FinanceWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Description of Controllers:
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Main responsibilities will include:
- Provide oversight and leadership of the development and implementation of data governance, standards, controls and other strategic initiatives related to monthly and quarterly FR Y-14 loans reporting with the Federal Reserve Board (Fed)
- Provide oversight and leadership in identifying and implementing enhancements over the loans policy and procedures framework
- Drive new process implementations, control framework enhancements, and new disclosure requirements
- Enhance and maintain the training curriculum related to FR Y-14 loans Fed reporting
- Provide governance over the FR Y-14 loans Fed reporting interpretative matters process (coordinate the identification, documentation, and review of interpretative matters across FR Y-14 loans Fed filings)
- Coordinate the review and analysis related to the new activity memo process and impact to FR Y-14 loans reporting Provide oversight and leadership with regards to the preparation and execution of certain quarterly Fed filings, including detailed analytical work, validation of key schedules and disclosures, review of both financial and non-financial attributes, and presentation of quarterly review of the Fed filings to senior management
- Liaise extensively with various groups and project teams throughout the firm such as Product Controllers, Funding, Regulatory Reporting and other Controllers teams, Realty Management, Operations, Compliance, and Legal
- Liaise with Controllers Technology to assist in the implementation and enhancement of reporting processes
- Participate in various projects aimed at researching Fed disclosures, streamlining processes and working with cross-functional teams
- 8-12 years working experience in accounting
- Fed reporting experience is desired
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- CPA a plus
- Well versed in US GAAP accounting and SEC reporting standards
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Project management skills / strategic mindset
- Teamwork and collaboration-orientated, with the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal / analytical skills and a high proficiency with MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top