Finance - Controllers - Regulatory Capital & Reporting Review Group - Associate - Bengaluru
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
In accordance with the Basel Coordination Committee's Bulletin13-3, Federal Regulators require banking organizations to have a rigorous internal control framework which includes an independent review and verification function. The purpose of the independent verification is to challenge processes that materially impact regulatory capital computations and ensure all internal systems supporting rule compliance are properly designed, documented and implemented.
Regulatory Capital & Reporting Review Group (RCRG) is a second line function within the Controllers group in the Finance Division, which was established in 2014 to comply with the Basel Coordination Committee's Bulletin 13-3. The team conducts reviews whose scope spans across Regulatory Capital, Capital Planning and Other Regulatory Obligations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Interpretation and application of the regulatory capital rules
- Regulatory capital assignment
- Risk measurement
- Information technology
- New products or product modifications
- Data capture/aggregation and reporting
- Chartered Accountant or equivalent degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience either in Audit, Regulatory Control/Reporting or Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance.
- A combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player - ability to maintain mutual support within a high profile team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with high sense of urgency/multi-tasking skills
- Strong computing and excel skills
- Understanding of the Basel Framework and /or regulatory reporting
- Public audit experience
- Audit Technology background
- Quality Assurance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top