Finance, Controllers, Regular Reporting, Analyst - Jersey City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Description of Controllers
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
- Liaise extensively with Global Legal Entity Controllers for various Firmwide disclosures, to include Firmwide financial instrument disclosures for the 10Q/K processes, and Regulatory reporting of fair value and notional for financial instruments
- Work with the team leader in the assessment of quarterly effectiveness of internal controls and escalate control issues to senior management
- Assist in analyzing legal entity regulatory capital requirements, by closely working with the Market Risk, Credit Risk and Corporate Treasury teams
- Assist with ensuring accurate and complete reporting of regulatory information in public reports to regulatory authorities
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic changes to existing workflows, and transfer pricing initiatives
- Assist with the development of legal entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and, if applicable, other local reporting requirements
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial and non-financial attributes of consolidating legal entities for internal and external reporting purposes
Basic Qualifications• 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
Preferred Qualifications• CPA is Preferred
- Controller experience preferred
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top