Finance, Controllers, Reg Capital & Reporting Review, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counter-parties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. Regulatory Controller team sits within the Controllers department, within the Finance division. This is a very high profile team involved in a wide range of areas/issues and involves interaction with many other areas of the Firm.
An opportunity within the Regulatory Controllers team has arisen to join a newly formed Regulatory Capital and Reporting Review team. Federal regulators require banking organizations to have a rigorous internal control framework which includes an independent review and verification function. The purpose of the independent verification is to challenge processes that materially impact regulatory capital computations and ensure all internal systems supporting rule compliance are properly designed, documented and implemented.
The review process would cover aspects of credit risk, market risk, operational risk as well as the following:
- Interpretation and application of the regulatory capital rules
- Regulatory capital assignment
- Risk measurement
- Information technology
- New products or product modifications
- Data capture/aggregation and reporting
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in either Audit, Technology, Regulatory Control/Reporting or Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
- A combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player - ability to maintain mutual support within a high profile team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with high sense of urgency/multi-tasking skills
- Strong computing and excel skills
- Understanding of the Basel Framework and /or regulatory reporting
- Public audit experience
- Audit Technology background
- Quality Assurance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top