Finance, Controllers, Reg. Capital & Reporting Group Capital Planning, VP, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Controllers department is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. The Regulatory Controllers team sits within the Controllers department, within the Finance division. This is a very high profile team involved in a broad range of areas requiring interaction with various constituents across the Firm.
The opportunity is within the Regulatory Capital and Reporting Review Group (RCRG), which resides in the Controllers department. RCRG is an independent review function established in accordance with the Basel Coordination Committee 13-3 "Guidance for Independent Verification of a Banking Organization's Advanced Approaches System". Federal regulators require banking organizations to have a rigorous internal control framework which includes an independent review and verification function. The purpose of the independent verification is to challenge processes that materially impact regulatory capital computations and ensure all internal systems supporting rule compliance are properly designed, documented and implemented.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The review process would cover aspects of Capital Planning for Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR), Dodd-Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST), and Resolution and Recovery Planning (RRP) with a focus on the following areas:
- Interpretation and application of the regulatory capital rules
- Regulatory capital calculations
- Non modelled assumptions
- Risk measurement
- Information technology
- New processes and products
- Data capture/aggregation and reporting
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in either Audit, Regulatory Control/Reporting or Quality Assurance
- Experience in managing a team
- A combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player - ability to maintain mutual support within a high profile team
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with high sense of urgency/multi-tasking skills
- Strong computing and/or excel skills
- Project management
- Knowledge of stress testing, capital planning and risk management
- Knowledge of financial products
- Understanding of the Basel Framework and /or regulatory reporting
- Public or internal audit experience
- Quality Assurance
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top