Finance - Controllers - Product Control: Equities - Senior Analyst/Associate - Salt Lake City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the Firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Controllers also ensure that the Firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Our Securities Product Control Team reports key financial data including P& L, balance sheet and price verification. This team works closely with business leaders of the FICC and Equities businesses.
Product Controllers become experts in their business and assess valuation, profit and loss attribution, and disclosure implications of the business' positions and trades. We are seeking an Associate level hire to join the Salt Lake City Equities Product Control team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly profit and loss analyses for the trading business
- Perform ongoing price verification procedures to ensure appropriate valuation of firm inventory
- Assess new trades for appropriate valuation, accounting treatment, and disclosure in the financial statements
- Become proficient in capital requirements impactful to the trading business
- Analyze and report the balance sheet and funding sources of the trading business
- Produce financial statements and/or relevant disclosures for the trading business
- Work with the financial reporting team in preparation of key external reports such as earnings release and 10Q/ 10K disclosures
- Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred, but not required
- CPA, or CFA preferred, but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- The ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top