Finance, Controllers, Product Control, Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
Product Controllers become experts in their business and assess valuation, profit and loss attribution, and disclosure implications of the business' positions and trades. Seeking an Analyst or Associate level hire to join the Salt Lake City Product Control team.
Key responsibilities include:
Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly profit and loss analyses for the trading business
Perform ongoing price verification procedures to ensure appropriate valuation of firm inventory
Assess new trades for appropriate valuation, accounting treatment, and disclosure in the financial statements
Become proficient in capital requirements impactful to the trading business
- Analyze and report the balance sheet and funding sources of the trading business
6.Produce financial statements and/or relevant disclosures for the trading business
- Work with the financial reporting team in preparation of key external reports such as earnings release and 10Q/10K disclosures
Basic Qualifications- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred, but not required
- CPA, or CFA preferred, but not required
Preferred Qualifications- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top