Finance, Controllers, Payroll Compensation Accounting, Analyst, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
WHO WE ARE
Compensation Accounting is responsible for accounting, reporting and payment of salary, bonus, and other types of remuneration paid to employees of the firm. We are responsible for the analysis and reporting of wage information and tax payments to domestic and international tax authorities. In addition, we are also responsible for the accounting, taxation and reporting of employee share-based compensation. We work closely with areas of the firm such as Human Capital Management (HCM), Tax, Treasury, Legal and Corporate Financial Reporting. Compensation Accounting has five regional teams strategically located in Jersey City, London, Hong Kong, Bangalore and Sao Paulo. This role is located in Jersey City and will support various aspects of the US payroll operations for approximately 15,000 employees on a multi-state payroll.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Accountable for ensuring specific aspects of the US Payroll are processed timely and accurately through PeopleSoft and ADP's applications.
- Processes include: various payroll data uploads, reconciling data among payroll and HCM systems.
- Ensure accurate payroll preparation/processing, tax reporting/compliance and administration of the payroll.
- Perform regular reconciliations and validations on various payroll functions.
- Liaise with HCM and other groups on payroll related activities and projects.
- Ensure sound operational controls are maintained and followed in compliance with existing governance.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries.
- Dept administrative functions (opening mail, faxing/scanning)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years payroll experience
- Some knowledge of U.S. withholding tax laws and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to constantly changing priorities.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Extreme attention to details and the ability to follow through
- Experience with Shared Service Center preferred Demonstrate ability to develop positive working relationships
- Prior Experience with ADP or PeopleSoft systems a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
- Good communication skills
Please note that we will only respond to those resumes for which we have an interest. Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top