Finance, Controllers, Payroll Compensation Accounting, Analyst, Jersey City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Compensation Accounting is responsible for accounting, reporting and payment of salary, bonus, and other types of remuneration paid to employees of the firm. We are responsible for the analysis and reporting of wage information and tax payments to domestic and international tax authorities. In addition, we are also responsible for the accounting, taxation and reporting of employee share-based compensation. We work closely with areas of the firm such as Human Capital Management ("HCM"), Tax, Treasury, Legal and Corporate Financial Reporting.
Compensation Accounting has five regional teams strategically located in Jersey City, London, Hong Kong, Bangalore and Sao Paulo.
This role is located in Jersey City and will support various aspects of the US payroll operations for approximately 15,000 employees on a multi-state payroll.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Accountable for ensuring specific aspects of the US Payroll are processed timely and accurately through PeopleSoft and ADP's applications.
- Processes include: various payroll data uploads, reconciling data among payroll and HCM systems.
- Ensure accurate payroll preparation/processing, tax reporting/compliance and administration of the payroll.
- Perform regular reconciliations and validations on various payroll functions.
- Liaise with HCM and other groups on payroll related activities and projects.
- Ensure sound operational controls are maintained and followed in compliance with existing governance.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries.
- Dept administrative functions (opening mail, faxing/scanning).
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years payroll experience
- Some knowledge of U.S. withholding tax laws and regulations
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to constantly changing priorities
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Extreme attention to details and the ability to follow through
- Experience with Shared Service Center preferred
- Demonstrate ability to develop positive working relationships
- Prior Experience with ADP or PeopleSoft systems a plus
- Proficiency in Excel
- Good communication skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top