Finance, Controllers, New Products Associate, Jersey City
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. We provide a wide range of services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, institutional investors, governments, non-profit organizations and high net worth individuals. Our headquarters is in New York and we maintain significant offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other financial centers around the world.
Description of Controllers
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm’s business. Controllers also ensure that the firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Our main functions are:
The primary focus of the New Products Associate is to assist in the analysis and implementation of new products and proprietary acquisitions globally, with an emphasis on the impact in the support areas (Operations; Technology; Finance; Human Capital Management; Services; and Legal & Compliance). This position provides the opportunity to develop a detailed understanding of the various products traded by the firm, and how the firm operates on a global basis. Career paths can vary based on the interests and capabilities of the individuals selected.
Key job functions include:
- Coordinate analysis and introduction of new products between traders, investment bankers and all support areas
- Develop rapid understanding of new products and identify relevant structural and implementation issues (i.e. where and with whom can the product be traded, how to monitor risk, how to price the product, how to book and settle transactions, how to account for the product, system support requirements, etc.)
- Develop and document procedures for processing and monitoring transactions through work with relevant traders, investment bankers, line managers, attorneys, compliance officers, etc.
- Assist in documenting business justification for product and presenting product analysis to senior management for approval
- Assist in due diligence process for potential proprietary acquisitions, and help coordinate integration of
- Good communications skills; both written and oral
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to understand and develop process flows
- Ability to conceptualize and take a broad look at a product, yet simultaneously being able to understand the detailed implications on a variety of areas
- Control oriented
- Ability to defend views when challenged by others through effective communication of rationale
- Ability to get along with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work on many projects simultaneously
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top