Finance, Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Vice President - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Goldman Sachs Bank USA (GS Bank) Legal Entity Controllers is looking is looking for a Vice President to join the team. GS Bank is the firm's primary lending and deposit taking entity, serving corporates, private bank clients and U.S. consumers.
As a Controller of GS Bank, you will analyze the financial statements of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the Bank's growth businesses. Controllers ensure that GS Bank meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Act as legal entity controller, with oversight and leadership over the monthly closing process, including monitoring intercompany relationships, general ledger vs. sub-ledger breaks, revenue and expense sharing arrangements, funding arrangements among affiliated entities, proper booking of accruals/provisions and classification of inventory and other balances
- Oversight and review of quarterly financial information for inclusion in the firm's consolidated financial statements filed with the SEC
- Assess, on a quarterly basis, the effectiveness of internal controls and escalation of control issues to senior management
- Assist in analyzing legal entity regulatory capital requirements, by closely working with the Market Risk, Credit Risk and Corporate Treasury teams
- Ensure accurate and complete reporting of regulatory information in public reports to the regulatory authorities
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic changes to existing workflows, and transfer pricing initiatives
- Provide oversight and leadership for accurate and fair presentation of stand alone entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist in the development of junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Perform and review ad hoc analyses on financial and non-financial attributes of consolidating legal entities for internal and external reporting purposes
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- CPA is desired.
- At least 7 years relevant work experience
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
- Project management skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top