Finance, Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Vice President, Jersey City
Description of Controllers
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm’s business. Controllers also ensure that the firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Liaise extensively with Global Legal Entity Controllers for various Firmwide disclosures:
oThis includes, for example, Firmwide financial instrument disclosures for the 10Q/K processes
oRegulatory reporting of fair value and notional for financial instruments
- Produce quarterly financial information for inclusion in GS Group consolidated Securities and Exchange Commission 10Q and 10K filings
- Assess on a quarterly basis the effectiveness of internal controls and escalates control issues to senior management
- Assist with ensuring accurate and complete reporting of regulatory information in public reports to regulatory authorities
- Identifying improvements to processes controls, and technology and assist implement them collaboratively with global, cross-functional teams.
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic changes to existing workflows, and transfer pricing initiatives
- Perform and provide leadership for accurate and fair presentation of stand alone entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and, if applicable, other local reporting requirements
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial and non-financial attributes of consolidating legal entities for internal and external reporting purposes
- CPA is desired
- 7+ years relevant work experience- strong focus on financial services/capital markets is a prerequisite
- Undergraduate degree in accounting and/or finance
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
- Project management skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top