Finance, Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, GS Bank, Analyst, Salt Lake City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Goldman Sachs Bank USA (GS Bank) Legal Entity Controllers is looking is looking for an Analyst to join the team. GS Bank offers a high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan product to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. Our savings products include an online savings account and certificates of deposits in a variety of terms. As a Controllers of GS Bank, you will analyze the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the Bank's business. Controllers ensure that the Bank meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Liaise extensively with Global Legal Entity Controllers for various Firmwide disclosures, to include Firmwide financial instrument disclosures for the 10Q/K processes, and Regulatory reporting of fair value and notional for financial instruments
- Work with the team leader in the assessment of quarterly effectiveness of internal controls and escalate control issues to senior management
- Assist in analyzing legal entity regulatory capital requirements, by closely working with the Market Risk, Credit Risk and Corporate Treasury teams
- Assist with ensuring accurate and complete reporting of regulatory information in public reports to regulatory authorities
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic changes to existing workflows, and transfer pricing initiatives
- Assist with the development of legal entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and, if applicable, other local reporting requirements
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial and non-financial attributes of consolidating legal entities for internal and external reporting purposes
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Controller experience preferred
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top