Finance, Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Associate, Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Legal Entity Controllers Team: Legal Entity Controllers (LECs) are responsible for performing controls and financial reporting to help in the safeguarding of the assets and the reputation of the firm. Candidates should expect challenging, multi-faceted assignments and the opportunities to work closely with business areas and senior management on a variety of accounting issues and to gain in-depth knowledge of key business drivers and industry dynamics.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Perform and provide leadership within the monthly closing process which includes monitoring intercompany relationships, general ledger vs. sub-ledger breaks, revenue and expense sharing arrangements, funding arrangements among affiliated entities, and proper booking of accruals/provisions and classification of inventory and other balances
- Produce quarterly financial information for inclusion in the firm's consolidated SEC financials
- Assess on a quarterly basis the effectiveness of internal controls and escalates control issues to senior management
- Assist with ensuring accurate and complete reporting of regulatory information in public reports to regulatory authorities
- Liaise extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic changes to existing workflows, and transfer pricing initiatives
- Perform and provide leadership accurate and fair presentation of stand alone entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and, if applicable, other local reporting requirements
- Perform ad hoc analyses on financial and non-financial attributes of consolidating legal entities for internal and external reporting purposes
- Potentially liaise with global LECs on various Firmwide disclosures: o This includes, for example, Firmwide financial instrument disclosures for the 10Q/K processes o Regulatory reporting of fair value and notional for financial instruments
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in accounting and/or finance
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- CPA is preferred but not required
- Financial services industry and products knowledge is a plus
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently - Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency - Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
- Project management skills
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top