Finance, Controllers, Legal Entity Controllers, Associate - Salt Lake City
- Salt Lake City, UT
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Prepare the financial statements for large, highly complex consolidated legal entities. Duties include monthly trial balance, inventory review, currency exposure management, debt reporting and entity level analytics
- Contribute to various firmwide disclosures, including financial instrument disclosure for the 10-Q/K process and regulatory reporting of financial instrument notional and fair value
- Work with the team leader in the balance sheet substantiation process and assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls
- Assist in analyzing legal entity regulatory capital requirements, by closely working with the Market Risk, Credit Risk and Corporate Treasury teams
- Prepare entity level regulatory financial reports and liaise with regulatory authorities
- Work extensively with other areas of firm such as Product Controllers, Funding Controllers, Corporate Treasury, Legal, Tax, Regulatory, Market Risk and Credit Risk on various ad hoc inquiries including new products requests, strategic business initiatives, automation / workflow initiatives, and transfer pricing
- Assist with the development of legal entity financial information and disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and prepare audited financial statements, as applicable
- Perform internal management reporting and analysis on financial and non-financial attributes of the legal entity
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- CPA is preferred
- Strong analytical / interpersonal skills and a high proficiency with Micros! oft software applications
- Teamwork and collaboration-oriented, with the ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate considerable energy, focus, drive, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, operate within deadlines, and escalate when appropriate
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top