Finance, Controllers, Investment Accounting, Analyst/Associate, Tokyo
- Tokyo, Japan
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Would you like to utilize and build your accounting expertise as a Controller for th e Asset Management segment of Goldman Sachs? We are looking for a team player with strong accounting knowledge and a passion in finance to support the Merchant Banking Division which primarily focus on the long term investment objectives of the firm.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Controllers group is responsible for safeguarding the firm's assets: to help maintain the integrity of Goldman Sachs' finances and expenditures. Through careful consideration and analyses of firm finances, objectives and strategies, we ensure that the firm's businesses continue to be profitable and efficiently run. Controllers also ensure that all business practices are in compliance with financial and regulatory requirements worldwide. Since contact with virtually every part of the firm is essential to Controllers, professionals in the department experience Goldman Sachs businesses, products and sophisticated technology systems in depth.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure that financial reporting is of high quality and meets applicable accounting principles and regulations
- Accountability over JGAAP & USGAAP financial reporting and disclosures and audit support
- Manage various kinds of local regulatory reports under applicable local laws
- Perform control functions of financial reporting while working closely and managing relationships with Business, Tax, Compliance, Legal, Operations and external parties
- Conduct regular reviews for new, as well as existing, transactions for accounting treatment and control considerations across various types of investments
- Provide variance analysis and prepare management reporting packs on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Auditing experience from Big4 is a plus competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong team player
- Business/Native in Japanese required and business level English is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong leadership skills, self-starter, inquisitive, enthusiastic with a strong analytical mind-set
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle competing deadlines
- Good industry and accounting knowledge, qualified JCPA or USCPA is preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top