Finance, Controllers, Internal Control Reporting and Analysis, Analyst/Associate
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investmentmanagement firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base thatincludes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Internal Control Reporting and Analysis (ICRA) Team facilitates the firm's quarterly self-assessment and certification process globally. The primary mission of the ICRA Team is to prepare an auditable evaluation of the firm's internal control infrastructure, processes and policies to support senior management's certification as required under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Key responsibilities of the ICRA Team include the following:
- Own and govern the process for management's assessment of the design and operational effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting
- Coordinate the identification and documentation of risks and key controls in all significant product lines and regions
- Review, risk rank, and opine on issues raised through the self-assessment process in conjunction with the appropriate subject matter experts
- Monitor firm-wide control remediation initiatives
- Assist in the coordination of the external audit
- Contribute to acquisition due diligence and integration project management
- Coordinating with assessors and certifiers on the completion of quarterly assessments and certifications
- Coordinating and leading issue review meetings for new issues raised during the quarterly assessment process
- Preparation of quarterly certification materials for various Divisions' Certifications and Firmwide Review Committee
- Partner with other firm risk and control disciplines (e.g., Internal Audit, Operational Risk, Fed Reporting, CCAR)
- Work with key project managers throughout the firm to identify changes to risks/controls and ensure organizational changes are accurately reported as they relate to quarterly certification
- Training new assessors and certifiers
- Overall project management of the quarterly assessment and certification process which involves a high level of communication and coordination with individuals across the firm
- Assist in the development of strategic ICRA tools and convergence reports
- Support production of ICRA automated reporting and dashboards
- Liaison with regulators during exams and determine impact of any findings to the firm's internal controls over financial reporting
- Coordination with a global team, including occasional travel to regional offices
- Assist in helping to build the technology strategy of the team, including project management
- Candidate typically possesses 2-5 years of experience in a control oriented or related financial services industry role; internal/external audit and or Sarbanes-Oxley experience a plus
- Must possess capital markets/banking experience especially related to internal controls over financial reporting Knowledge/experience in US GAAP/IFRS financial reporting is desired
- CPA and/or CISA preferred
- Experience with the project management of a risk and control self-assessment process is a plus
- Highly motivated and possess strong analytical and intellectual abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Demonstrates ability to establish strong working relationships with clients and management
- Proactive, with the ability to respond creatively in a fast-paced, and continually changing environment
- Knowledge/experience in Enterprise Risk Management/Operational Risk experience is preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top