Finance, Controllers, IMD Regulatory Controllers, Senior Analyst, Jersey City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Controllers Group is seeking Senior Analysts to join the growing Investment Management Division’s Regulatory Controllers Group (IMD-RCG) in Jersey City. As a newly formed group, IMD-RCG’s key initiatives is to assist IMD in ensuring compliance with applicable global regulatory requirements, supporting the regulatory change environment and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders including the business, risk management, legal, compliance, operations, technology and finance as well as certain other external stakeholders.
Some of IMD-RCG’s current focus include: Dodd-Frank requirements (including Commodity Futures Trade Commission and Securities and Exchange Commission) and European Union’s Alternative Investment Fund Directive. The team focuses on preparing and reviewing submissions related to Form PF, CPO-PQR, and AIFMD. IMD-RCG’s senior analyst/associate’s responsibilities include detailed oversight of the regulatory reporting process, coordination with internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring consistency across IMD products and teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development of an IMD reporting framework, including development and testing of core technology systems to facilitate applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with front end technology team to implement complex calculation and reporting rules around portfolio exposures and risks metrics and assist in improving data governance infrastructure.
- Enhancing risk and control environment, including investigating data quality and resolving issues at source.
- Assist in the development, implementation and documentation of key business processes across IMD and establishing roles and responsibilities within teams.
- Assist in establishing a training curriculum for stakeholders and information providers, and ensuring regular communication and information transparency to key stakeholders.
Basic Qualifications•Degree qualification required
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience in product control, risk management, or portfolio management/trading.
- Awareness and interests in the changing global regulatory landscape
- Awareness and ability to identify and manage risks and develop control environment
- Always a team player who is energetic, enthusiastic and inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong project and time management skills
Preferred Qualifications•Knowledge and experience in working with various financial products, including: bonds, swaps, options, commodity and interest rate related products, forwards, etc.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the fixed income and long/short equity portfolio management process including valuation, hedging techniques, credit analysis, and risk management.
- Strong knowledge of funding, liquidity and operations of fixed income and long/short equity portfolios
- Solid understanding of fixed income math and options Greeks
- Good understanding of technology and keen interest in how technology should be utilized to create value in asset management
- At least 0-3 years of investment management and financial markets experience, including portfolio management and trading. CFA, CPA and/or MBA Preferred
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top