Finance, Controllers, IMD Product Controllers, GSIP team, Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Job Description: The Analyst/Associate will be part of the IMD Product Controllers team, specifically supporting the Goldman Sachs Investment Partners (GSIP) Fund business. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing the GSIP strategies and the reconciliation of the P&L with desk estimates. The successful candidate will assist with the monthly price verification process for Credit/Volatility/Debt and Commodity based products and the reconciliation to the Fund Administrator The successful candidate will heavily interact with traders, strategists and support areas such as Operations, Risk, Technology and Investor relations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Preparation and reporting of global monthly P&L for GSIP Hedge Fund
- Responsible for monthly NAV sign-off with Fund Administrator
- Perform monthly price verification review for various products such as Cash Equities, Options, Credit Derivatives, Total Return Swaps, Equity Swaps and Bank loans
- Preparation of management reports and analysis to assist portfolio management and finance managers in handling and understanding the business
- Develop a broad understanding of the Hedge Fund business
- Responsible for ensuring and developing sound control procedures around P&L processes and reporting
- Monthly review and reconciliation of P&L and inventory versus the external fund administrator
- Develop a broad understanding of the IMD business, information flows and accounting procedures
- Product Controller with 2-4 years of experience
- Degree in Accounting/Finance Relevant work experience
- Extensive Microsoft Office experience (Excel/PowerPoint/Access)
- Knowledge about Hedge Fund Master/Feeder Legal Entity structure
- Ability to multi-task, very good time management skills and execution skills
- Able to work with a team under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to use initiative and work accurately with minimum supervision
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top