Finance, Controllers, IMD Product Controllers, GIPS Team, Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
CONTROLLERS DIVISIONAL OVERVIEWControllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
IMD CONTROLLERS GIPS TEAMThe Goldman Sachs Investment Management Division (IMD) Product Controllers group is seeking an analyst or associate to serve as a member of the GIPS team. The team supports Marketing and Portfolio Management teams globally, providing oversight on the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS). The GIPS Standards were created and are administered by the CFA Institute to provide a consistent global framework for the calculation and presentation of investment management performance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- GIPS Oversight: Serve as liaison with Product Management, Portfolio Management, Marketing, Legal Compliance, and Performance teams within GSAM on matters related to GIPS compliance;
- Policies and Procedures: Document and maintain policies and procedures for GIPS oversight and ensure robust controls around performance and composite management;
- Composite Management: Place accounts in composites based on the evaluation of investment management agreements, evaluate the impact of account changes and restructurings on composite placement, and prepare analytics around composite dispersion and AUM reconciliations;
- Composite Performance: Identify exceptions and work with the Account Management and Performance teams to determine the veracity of the account performance and placement;
- Marketing Material: Support preparation of composite presentations, marketing material and Requests For Proposal responses, inclusive of reviewing and drafting disclosures language; andGIPS Verification: Support the annual GIPS verification and performance examinations.
- Assist with special projects and/or process improvement initiatives
- Background and/or strong interest in compliance & investment performance matters;
- Interest in learning about investment management and the various investment strategies managed by GSAM;
- Interest in seeking a professional designation such as the CFA, CPA or CIPM;
- Strong analytical and control mindset;
- Sound judgement;
- Highly proactive and able to prioritize effectively;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top