Finance, Controllers, IMD Hedge Funds, Vice President, Jersey City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Direct Hedge Fund Controllers team within IMD Controllers is responsible for overseeing external fund administrators in the calculation of month end net asset values and the coordination of annual audited financial statements for over 100 GS managed hedge funds. These funds involve significant principal trading across a wide variety of traditional and alternative asset classes. The team is expected to develop a strong understanding of the various hedge fund products, controls and processes of the external administrators and development of accounting policy for GSAM products.
- Accounting oversight for various complex hedge funds (includes funds that employ series accounting, capital accounting, side pockets, foreign currency share classes, etc.).
- Manage technology initiatives by providing scope of project, managing timeline, and coordinating testing
- Document and provide accounting policy for newly traded instruments across product lines and institute procedure for validating accounting policy with fund administrator(s)
- Coordination of the required annual audits through communication with the administrators and independent auditors. Continued research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the financial statements of new and existing products.
- Preparation of various regulatory reports, compliance reports and reports to Board of Directors for registered/listed funds and fund share classes.
- Participate in new product launches including the review of new product documentation, fund set up, and vendor selection.
- Presentation and interaction with Portfolio Managers, senior members of GS management and Boards of Directors on new and pressing issues.
Basic Qualifications• Degree in Accounting preferred (MBA\CPA preferred)
- Minimum 7 years of professional work experience in public and/or private accounting
- Demonstrate strong comprehension of complex product structures and ability to assist with innovative structure solutions for portfolio managers
- Ability to explain complex structures and GAAP impact to portfolio managers and client representatives
- Strong control awareness
- Ability to think broadly and take a global view on issues,
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive with a desire to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with desire to learn and develop presentation skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2014. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top