Finance, Controllers, IMD Corporate Controllers, PWM Brokerage/ Infrastructure Uplift, Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Summary: The successful candidate will be part of the IMD Corporate Controllers team, specifically supporting the Private Wealth Management (PWM) business. The team is responsible for p&l reporting and analysis as well as financial and management reporting related to the PWM Brokerage business, which includes the PWM equities, fixed income, derivative, structured note, currency and underwriting businesses.
Additionally, the role will include significant involvement in the PWM infrastructure uplift effort which is focused on replacing or enhancing legacy PWM trading flows, systems and operational processes. As part of this uplift, IMD Controllers is building a new strategic revenue engine/sub-ledger system, which is a multi-year technology project that will automate and improve various processes, controls and workflows across IMD Corporate Controllers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop a broad understanding of the IMD/PWM business and related products, data flows and accounting procedures.
- Take a leadership role on the strategic revenue engine project team, assisting with detailed workflow analysis, system design, modeling and implementation.
- Involvement in various PWM infrastructure uplift projects, working closely with Technology, Operations and PWM business teams.
- Assist in the preparation of p&l reporting, which includes daily, weekly and monthly p&l reporting and analysis, variance analysis and commentary.
- Prepare and review management reports and analysis to highlight specific p&l drivers, revenue trends and key business metrics.
- Accounting and/or Finance background with good understanding and experience with technology implementation
- 2-5 years relevant work experience (public accounting, corporate accounting environment)
- Broad understanding of various products and functions within the private wealth and asset management industry
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented and applies good judgment
- Self-starter, with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top