Finance, Controllers, IMD Corporate Controllers - Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The associate will be part of the IMD Corporate Controllers team which is broadly responsible for maintaining the books and records of IMD, both financial and management reporting. The candidate will also be part of the Regulatory Reporting team working on the Investment Management quarterly submissions to the SEC and FED. The successful candidate will be specifically responsible for supporting the division’s p&l and balance sheet reporting.
- Participate in the daily p&l / weekly balance sheet review process
- Review, analyze and assist with quarterly analysis for the earnings release and 10Q/K
- Contribute to 10Q/K disclosure and footnote reporting for various investments
- Act as key contact for firmwide financial reporting / regulatory reporting
- Responsible for various financial and management reporting requirements
- Participate in various ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests
- Assist with IT developments to facilitate process automation improvements
Basic Qualifications- Accounting and/or Finance background
- 2+ years work experience (public accounting, corporate accounting environment)
- Self starter, with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, applies good judgment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced PC skills, specifically Excel
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top