Finance, Controllers, IMD Controllers - Mutual Funds, Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a bank holding company and leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals. The firm’s activities are divided into four segments: Investment Banking, Trading and Principal Investments, Securities Services, and Investment Management. Goldman Sachs Asset Management (“GSAM”) resides within Investment Management. GSAM has portfolio management teams located around the world and our investment professionals bring firsthand knowledge of local markets to every investment decision
The Investment Management Division Controllers are looking for a Mutual Fund Accountant to add to the GS Asset Management Team.
- Daily oversight, review and sign off on daily NAV calculations.
- Review, analyze and assist in the coordination of financial statements for mutual funds consisting of both SEC-registered and offshore domiciled funds.
- Prepare and analyze mutual fund expense budgets.
- Assist on mutual funds’ prospectus and SAI (annual) updates.
- Managing external vendors (including funds’ accounting agents, external auditors, etc.).
- Establish and monitor accounting policies for various security and derivative types.
- Build knowledge of business flows with a view to providing strong analytical reviews & commentary.
- Assist with IT developments to facilitate process automation improvements.
Basic Qualifications• Mutual Fund Knowledge
- Basic financial product knowledge and general market awareness
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Commitment to meeting tight reporting deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top