Finance, Controllers, IMD Business Development Company (BDC) Controllers – Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt,Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The IMD BDC Controllers team is responsible for overseeing external fund administrators in the calculation of month end net asset values and the coordination of financial reporting for 3 Business Development Companies ("BDC"). The team is expected to develop a strong understanding of the various products, controls and processes of the external administrators and the development of accounting policy. The team is also responsible for the preparation of various SEC filings, management reports, new product launches, and various ad hoc requests from the business. The team works closely with various teams within Goldman Sachs including Portfolio Management, Product Management, Legal, Operations, Compliance as well as external auditors and the external fund administrators.
Principal Responsibilities for supporting the BDC's:
- Accounting oversight for the BDC.
- Development of the BDC's financial and SEC reporting.
- Coordinate the BDC's financial reporting through communication with the administrator and independent auditors.
- Preparation of reports to the BDC's Board of Directors.
- Develop accounting policy for newly traded instruments and institute procedures for validating the accounting policy with the fund administrator.
- Manage technology initiatives by providing scope of project, managing timeline, and coordinating testing.
- Continued research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the financial statements.
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2-7 years of professional work experience in public and/or private accounting
o SEC reporting experience a plus
o Business Development Company product experience a plus
o MBA/CPA preferred
- Demonstrate strong comprehension of complex product structures and ability to assist with innovative structure solutions for
- Strong control awareness
- Ability to think broadly and take a global view on issues,
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive with a desire to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with desire to learn and develop presentation skills
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top