Finance, Controllers, IMD Business Development Company (BDC) Controllers, Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The IMD BDC Controllers team is responsible for overseeing external fund administrators in the calculation of month end net asset values and the coordination of financial reporting for 3 Business Development Companies ("BDC"). The team is expected to develop a strong understanding of the various products, controls and processes of the external administrators and the development of accounting policy. The team is also responsible for the preparation of various SEC filings, management reports, new product launches, and various ad hoc requests from the business. The team works closely with various teams within Goldman Sachs including Portfolio Management, Product Management, Legal, Operations, Compliance as well as external auditors and the external fund administrators.
Principal Responsibilities for supporting the BDC's:
- Accounting oversight for the BDC.
- Preparation/Coordination of the BDC's SEC financial reporting through communication with the administrator and independent auditors.
- SOX 404 oversight for the BDC.
- Preparation of reports to the BDC's Board of Directors.
- Develop accounting policy for newly traded instruments and institute procedures for validating the accounting policy with the fund administrator.
- Manage technology initiatives by providing scope of project, managing time-line, and coordinating testing.
- Continued research on new accounting pronouncements and their impact to the financial statements.
- Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2-4 years of professional work experience in public and/or private accounting
o SEC reporting experience a plus
o Business Development Company product experience a plus
- Demonstrate strong comprehension of complex product structures and ability to assist with innovative structure solutions for portfolio managers
- Strong control awareness
- Ability to think broadly and take a global view on issues,
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive with a desire to succeed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with desire to learn and develop presentation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top