Finance, Controllers, I&L Controllers, Analyst/Associate, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
CONTROLLERS DIVISIONAL OVERVIEW
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
PRODUCT CONTROL- MERCHANT BANKING DIVISION
This group performs the accounting and financial control functions related to the balance sheet and revenue impact to Goldman Sachs from its investing and lending activities. We are seeking an analyst to join the New York team, who will partake in the following:
- P&L and balance sheet reporting
- Reporting for external footnote disclosures and regulatory filings related to MBD business.
- Recording and maintaining books and records (PARA) of investment related transactions (P&L, purchases and sales and valuation adjustments) and preparation of supporting documentations.
- Handle ad-hoc requests from various divisions and departments across the firm
- Participate in valuation review of the portfolio
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree (Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred)
- CPA or CFA candidate preferred, but not required
- Public and/or Private experienced is a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Knowledge of desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top