Finance, Controllers, IBD Controllers, Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
Controllers Divisional Overview:
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm’s business. Controllers also ensure that the firm’s activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
IBD Controllers Team:
The SLC Product Control Investment Banking Team is seeking an Analyst/Associate level hire to join their team.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly P&L for specific Securities Division desks and for the Investment Banking Division
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting packages, including analysis of P&L drivers for external reporting (earnings release, 10-Q
- Work closely with the front office and administrators to ensure proper understanding and reporting of banking transactions
- Reconciliation of, and coordination for, syndicate final settlement payouts with syndicate trading desks and IBD Operations
- Reconciliation of payable, receivable and expense accounts
- Month-end postings and reconciliations to the general ledger
- Ad hoc analyses of revenue and expense trends and P&L impact of deals
- Associate level individual will have review responsibility with respect to the above activities.
Basic Qualifications• Bachelors degree
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience (Analyst), or at least 3 years of relevant work experience (Associate)
Preferred Qualifications• Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred, but not required
- CPA, or CFA preferred, preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Public, and or Private experienced preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in financial markets
- Knowledge of desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top