Finance, Controllers, Firmwide Management Reporting & Analysis, Senior Analyst/Associate, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The successful applicant will have a broad ranging role within the firmwide management reporting team. Excellent analytical skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills and attention to detail are a must as the department's work product is distributed to the firm's senior management, including the CEO, CFO and Management Committee. The applicant should have a strong inquisitive focus, the ability to work well with a broad range of Product Controllers, divisional contacts, as well as other teams within Controllers, and to meet tight reporting deadlines, have a very strong team focus and must be able to multi-task. Public Accounting experience / Financial Services industry experience / financial product knowledge are desirable.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Reporting and analysis on firmwide P&L (profit and loss) results for internal and external reporting purposes, including:
- Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly P&L and metrics reporting to senior management
- Perform detailed analysis on segment and divisional revenues, as well as non-compensation expenses in preparation for the external reporting process
- Contribute to the process of drafting talking points for the CFO in preparation for Board of Director meetings
- Interact with numerous internal departments including Corporate Accounting, Product Controllers, Market Risk, Treasury, Investor Relations, Divisional Finance teams, Firmwide Expense Management and Divisional Management reporting teams
- Contribute to the production, review and analysis of the monthly reporting package for the firm's Management Committee
- Compile quarterly projections for the P&L and related metrics
- Actively participate in projects to develop and enhance the reporting environment
- Perform varied ad hoc analyses
- Public Accountant / Degree in Accounting (preferred), Finance or other business discipline a must
- Strong GPA (3.5+)
- Large public accounting firm / Financial Services industry experience is preferable
- Minimum 2-3 years work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced knowledge of Excel and Word is required. Powerpoint, Oracle Essbase and Peoplesoft skills are a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and multitasking abilities
- Excellent organizational skills (e.g., being able to manage several successive drafts of documents, time management and efficiency)
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. being able to identify and research issues)
- Excellent writing skills, particularly with spelling, grammar, structure and vocabulary, are a must. An understanding of financial product terminology is preferable
- Self-motivated and results driven
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top