Finance, Controllers, Financial Reporting, Sr. Analyst/Associate, Salt Lake City
The candidate will be a member of the Financial Reporting Team within the Controllers, part of the Finance Division. The candidate will focus primarily on the planning and reporting of Firmwide Non-Compensation Expenses on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. This includes ad hoc reporting to management and SEC / Earnings Release preparation. Furthermore, the candidate will participate in the firmwide reforecast, year-end projection, and budget processes as well as have the responsibility of coordinating certain management reporting deliverables. Diligence, attention to detail, analytical skills, superb organization skills, strong Excel skills and interpersonal skills are a must. The applicant should also have excellent writing skills, possess the ability and confidence to work well with a broad range of Divisional CFO teams across the firm, consistently deliver and meet tight reporting deadlines, have a very strong team focus and be able to multi-task. Financial services industry experience is especially useful. Experience in senior management reporting and excel modeling is also a plus.
- Preparation of various documents, such as the Earning Release and 10-Q/K MD&A commentaries and related variance schedules for Non-Compensation Expense
- Participate in the gathering and reporting monthly expense estimates across divisions to prepare a Weekly P&L
- Conduct month end procedures: explaining estimate vs. actual variances, tracking one-time items, and monitoring late entries
- Regularly engage with Divisional CFOs for analysis and preparation of talking points and variance commentaries on results
- Coordinate and assist divisional CFOs to ensure accurate data is submitted in a timely fashion for month end & quarter end projections
- Be the point person to report estimates and actuals for Investing & Lending entities across the firm
- Monitor and report firmwide divisional and enterprise allocations
- Work closely with Technology to maintain the organizational tree and chart of accounts
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline is a must.
- Excellent Excel skills are required. Word, Powerpoint, and Hyperion Essbase skills are a plus.
- Experience and knowledge with expense budgeting, planning, and analysis role that interfaces with many stakeholders.
- 1 to 2 years of work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, multitasking abilities.
- Extremely organized, e.g., being able to manage several successive drafts of documents, simultaneous deliverables)
- Strong analytical skills, i.e., being able to identify and research issues.
- Results driven.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top