Finance, Controllers, Financial Reporting, Associate, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The successful applicant will have a broad ranging role within the Financial Reporting team. Primary responsibilities include assisting in the preparation and analysis of external documents, including the firm's Earnings Release and other related quarterly/annual SEC and Regulatory reports, and Management Reporting deliverables, including reporting packages for the firm's Senior Management. Diligence, attention to detail, and superb analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills are a must. The applicant should also have excellent writing skills, possess the ability and confidence to work well with a broad range of teams across the firm, consistently deliver and meet tight reporting deadlines, have a very strong team focus and be able to multi-task. Financial services industry experience is especially useful. Experience in producing management reporting is also a plus.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Preparation and analysis of external documents, including:
- Facilitating the firm's quarterly Earnings Release document preparation,
- Drafting the Results of Operations disclosure for the firm's 10-Qs/10-Ks, as well as working with Global Investment Research to prepare market environment disclosures.
- Assisting in the FR 14-Q reporting process for Pre-Provision Net Revenues.
- For each of the above, ensuring timely submission of inputs and deliverables, participating in review meetings with the businesses and product controllers, analyzing disclosures, and coordinating review packages for Senior Management.
- Reporting and analysis on firmwide P&L (profit and loss) results for internal and external reporting purposes, including:
- Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly P&L and metrics reporting to the firm's Senior Management
- Provide detailed analysis on segment revenues and metrics in preparation for the external reporting process
- Coordination and heavy interaction with Controllers, divisional CFO teams, Investor Relations, and Global Investment Research, as well as interaction with numerous other internal departments.
- Degree in Accounting (preferred), Finance or other business discipline a must.
- 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Public Accounting or in Financial Services industry. CPA is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required. Hyperion Essbase skills are a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills are a must. An understanding of financial product terminology is preferable.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities (e.g., time management and efficiency)
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. being able to identify and research issues)
- Self-motivated and results driven
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top