Finance, Controllers, Finance Data Office, Sr. Analyst/Associate, Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail
Finance Data Office (FDO) is a group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to partner with users and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic data architecture that supports Finance workflows, Regulatory reporting and Risk management obligations. As such, FDO plays an integral role in identifying, designing and implementing best in class technology solutions for Finance to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments. FDO is uniquely positioned within Finance to work on projects that span multiple Controllers, Risk, and Corporate Treasury Groups. FDO helps to ensure that business data needs are met with technology solutuions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Additional FDO responsibilities include implementing the Firm's data governance policies and ensuring that the data used for reporting requirements is well understood and of the highest quality available.
- Play a central role in defining the strategic direction for Finance in data initiatives
- Document Data Lineage from source to reporting
- Liaise with and represent Finance in order to initiate and modify systems to meet user requirements
- Interface and coordinate with project team(s) to define objectives, develop approach, create detailed schedules, provide status updates and prepare deliverables for projects
- Perform in-depth analysis of Finance business processes and system issues to define, propose and implement strategic technological and procedural workflow improvements
- Partner with technology to ensure user tools meet for analyzing data meet users needs
- Author project-related documentation, i.e. data standards, reporting data dictionaries and data models.
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills to provide frequent project updates to project stakeholder/sponsors and users of all levels
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Engineering or MIS preferred
- Prior experience in financial services industry in Market, Credit or Liquidity Risk
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees
- Detailed-oriented, self-motivated and organized. Able to multi task varying priorities and deliverables.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau, Data Modelling
- Thrives in fast-paced, deadline driven environment as both an individual and team contributor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to identify, address, and prioritize problems and issues throughout all phases of the project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top