Finance, Controllers, Finance Data Office, Associate, Jersey City
Finance Data Office (FDO) is a group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to partner with users and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic data architecture that supports Finance workflows, Regulatory reporting and Risk management obligations. As such, FDO plays an integral role in identifying, designing and implementing best in class technology solutions for Finance to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments.
FDO is uniquely positioned within Finance to work on projects that span multiple Controllers, Risk, and Corporate Treasury Groups. FDO helps to ensure that business data needs are met with technology solutions.
Additional FDO responsibilities include implementing the Firm's data governance policies. Ensuring that the data used for reporting requirements is well understood and of the highest quality available.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Play a central role in defining the strategic direction for Finance in data initiatives
- Collaborate with Engineering to understand and build data models for FDO and help Finance stakeholders
- Build Metrics and Dashboards for Finance Stakeholders and Senior Management
- Lead Finance wide Data requirements gathering and consolidation exercises to determine data sourcing and prioritization needs
- Represent FDO on various enterprise-wide working groups that are core to FDO's mission (e.g., data strategy)
- Liaise with and represent Finance in order to initiate and modify systems to meet user requirements
- Interface and coordinate with project team(s) to define objectives, develop approach, create detailed schedules, provide status updates and prepare deliverables for projects
- Perform in-depth analysis of Finance business processes and system issues to define, propose and implement strategic technological and procedural workflow improvements
- Partner with technology to ensure user tools for analyzing data meet user's needs
- Document Data Lineage from source to target
- Author project-related documentation, i.e. data standards, reporting data dictionaries and data models.
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills to provide frequent project updates to project stakeholder/sponsors and users of all levels
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences or MIS preferred
- Proficiency in
- Programming languages: core java and sql
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau, and other BI Tools
- Experience and proficiency in Data Modelling techniques is a plus (UML, ERD)
- Prior experience in financial services industry in Market, Credit or Liquidity Risk a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and organized. Ability to multitask varying priorities and deliverables.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment as both an individual and team contributor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to identify, address, and prioritize problems and issues throughout all phases of the project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top