Finance, Controllers, Finance Data Office, Associate, Jersey City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Finance Data Office (FDO) is a group within Finance whose primary responsibility is to partner with users and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic data architecture that supports Finance workflows. As such, FDO plays an integral role in identifying, designing and implementing best in class technology solutions for Finance to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments. FDO is uniquely positioned within Finance to work on projects that span multiple Controllers, Risk, and Corporate Treasury Groups. FDO helps to ensure that business data needs are met with technology solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Additional FDO responsibilities include implementing the Firm's data governance policies and ensuring that the data used for reporting requirements is well understood and of the highest quality available.
- Play a central role in defining the strategic direction for Finance in data initiatives
- Document Data Lineage from source to reporting
- Create and understand data usage metrics across key financial obligations
- Liaise with representatives within Finance in order to initiate and modify systems to meet user requirements
- Partner with technology to ensure user tools for analyzing and extracting data meet user's needs
- Author project-related documentation, i.e. data standards, reporting data catalogs and data models.
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills to provide frequent project updates to project stakeholder/sponsors and users of all levels
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees
- Detailed-oriented, self-motivated and organized. Able to multi task varying priorities and deliverables.
- Thrives in fast-paced, deadline driven environment as both an individual and team contributor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to identify, address, and prioritize problems and issues throughout all phases of the project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top