Finance, Controllers, FICC Product Control, Analyst, Salt Lake City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the Firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Controllers also ensure that the Firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Our Securities Product Control Team reports key financial data including P& L, balance sheet and price verification. This team works closely with business leaders of the FICC and Equities businesses. Salt Lake City Product Control: FICC, Equities. Product Controllers become experts in their business and assess valuation, profit and loss attribution, and disclosure implications of the business' positions and trades. We are seeking an Analyst level hire to join the Salt Lake City FICC Product Control team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly profit and loss analyses for the trading business
- Perform ongoing price verification procedures to ensure appropriate valuation of firm inventory
- Assess new trades for appropriate valuation, accounting treatment, and disclosure in the financial statements
- Become proficient in capital requirements impactful to the trading business
- Analyze and report the balance sheet and funding sources of the trading business
- Produce financial statements and/or relevant disclosures for the trading business
- Work with the financial reporting team in preparation of key external reports such as earnings release and 10Q/ 10K disclosures
- Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred, but not required
- CPA, or CFA preferred, but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- The ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top