Finance, Controllers, Earnings Release Team, Analyst/Sr. Analyst
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCEWe're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counter-parties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The applicant will primarily be responsible for assisting in the preparation and analysis of the firm-wide earnings release, as well as related deliverables for SEC and regulatory reporting. They will also assist with management reporting deliverables (e.g. daily/weekly reporting and segment analysis) and various projects within Financial Reporting. Diligence, attention to detail, superb analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills, and strong Excel skills are a must. The applicant should also have excellent writing skills, possess the ability and confidence to work well with a broad range of product controllers and CFO teams across the firm, consistently deliver and meet tight reporting deadlines, have a very strong team focus and be able to multi-task. Financial services industry experience is especially useful. Experience in producing management reporting is also a plus.
- Assisting in the preparation and analysis of the firm-wide earnings release, as well as related deliverables.
- Facilitating key earnings release processes, including the earnings release document preparation, ensuring timely submission of inputs and deliverables, participating in review meetings with the businesses and product controllers, analyzing disclosures, and coordinating review packages for senior executives.
- Drafting the results of operations disclosure for the firm's 10-Qs/10-Ks, which includes similar responsibilities as the earnings release process, as well as working with Global Investment Research to prepare market environment disclosures.
- Facilitating the FR 14-Q reporting process for Pre-Provision Net Revenues, including the document preparation, ensuring timely submission of inputs and deliverables, participating in review meetings, and analyzing results.
- Coordination and heavy interaction with Controllers, divisional CFO teams, Investor Relations, and Global Investment Research.
- Additional responsibilities will include assisting with management reporting deliverables (e.g. daily/weekly reporting and segment analysis) and various projects within Financial Reporting.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Accounting/Finance is a must. CPA is a plus.
- 2 to 4 years of work experience.
- Financial Reporting and/or Planning & Analysis experience is a plus.
- Excellent Excel skills are required. Word, PowerPoint, and Hyperion Essbase skills are a plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, multi-tasking abilities.
- Extremely organized (e.g., able to manage simultaneous deliverables).
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., being able to identify and research issues).
- Results driven.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top