Finance, Controllers, Design Services, CTO, Associate, Salt Lake City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets.
CTO Group Background:
Controllers Technology Office (CTO), a group that has a global footprint within Controllers, is primarily responsible for partnering with Controllers users (Financial and Regulatory Reporting; Product Controllers; Funding; IMD and Legal Entity Controllers; and Compensation Accounting) and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic systems architecture that supports Controllers workflows. As such, CTO plays an integral role in identifying, designing, and implementing best in class technology solutions for Controllers to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments.
CTO is uniquely positioned within Controllers to work on projects that span multiple Controllers and technology groups, involving a broad range of Controllers applications and functions globally. CTO helps to enable business processes and technical solutions that directly address the Firm's and Controllers' top business priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities of Design Services Group:
- Provide user-centric rapid application development through project analysis, development, and deployment utilizing Java, SQL/Sybase, BPMN, Tableau, QlikView
- Manage product lifecycle for internally developed/externally purchase self-service tools
- Analyze controller processes and provide recommendations for enhancements
- Provide support for legacy applications and processes written in MSSQL Server, VBA and Access
- Coordinate, design, and develop solutions for Controllers
- Respond to ad hoc requests requiring an immediate response
- Manage the rollout, adoption and governance of new/existing self-service tools
- MS SQL Server/Sybase (database design and data manipulation)
- MS Access/VBA
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Experience in Java development
- BS in Accounting/Finance/Information Systems/Technology
- Experience in
- Product Management
- Tableau, QlikView or other BI tools
- SSIS or other ETL Technologies
- System administration on Windows/Linux
- Business Process Modelling
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top