Finance, Controllers, Controllers Technology Office, Sr.Associate/Vice President, Jersey City
Controllers Technology Office (CTO) is a group within Controllers whose primary responsibility is to partner with Controllers users and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic systems architecture that supports Controllers workflows. As such, CTO plays an integral role in identifying, designing and implementing best in class technology solutions for Controllers to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments.
CTO is uniquely positioned within Controllers to work on projects that span multiple Controllers and technology groups, involving a broad range of Controllers applications and functions globally. CTO helps to enable business processes and technical solutions that directly address the Firm's and Controller's top business priorities.
Additional CTO responsibilities include broadly monitoring and reporting on the progress of the full suite of Controllers technology development initiatives on a monthly basis, steering the technology budgeting process, managing the overall ongoing technology costs, planning disaster recovery and developing tactical desktop applications.
- Play a central role in defining the strategic direction for Controller's applications and workflows
- Document all work throughout the project lifecycle (planning, analysis, design, testing and deployment)
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of system and user acceptance testing (UAT) and training including documentation of test evidence and training materials
- Liaise with and represent Controllers in order to initiate and modify systems to meet user requirements
- Interface and coordinate with project team(s) to define objectives, develop approach, create detailed schedules, provide status updates and prepare deliverables for projects
- Perform in-depth analysis of Controller's business processes and system issues to define, propose and implement strategic technological and procedural workflow improvements
- Partner with technology to ensure solutions meet all project specifications
- Author project-related documentation, i.e. user and functional specifications, testing plans, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills to provide frequent project updates to project stakeholder/sponsors and users of all levels
Basic QualificationsGeneral Experience/Skills
- 5 - 8 years of work experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance or MIS preferred
- Project Management experience preferred – all aspects of managing projects throughout the systems development life cycle
- Prior experience in financial services industry and in accounting/finance preferred
- People management experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees
- Detailed-oriented, self-motivated and organized. Able to multi task varying priorities and deliverables.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio, Powerpoint and Sharepoint
- Thrives in fast-paced, deadline driven environment as both an individual and team contributor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to identify, address, and prioritize problems and issues throughout all phases of the project
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top