Finance, Controllers, Controllers Technology Office, Associate, Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers Technology Office (CTO), a group that has a global footprint within Controllers, is primarily responsible for partnering with Controllers users (Financial and Regulatory Reporting; Product Controllers; Funding; IMD and Legal Entity Controllers; and Compensation Accounting) and the technology organization to expand and improve the strategic systems architecture that supports Controllers workflows. As such, CTO plays an integral role in identifying, designing, and implementing best in class technology solutions for Controllers to meet the growing reporting requirements of executive management, as well as the rapidly changing external financial and regulatory reporting environments.
CTO is uniquely positioned within Controllers to work on projects that span multiple Controllers and technology groups, involving a broad range of Controllers applications and functions globally. CTO helps to enable business processes and technical solutions that directly address the Firm's and Controllers' top business priorities. Additional CTO responsibilities include broadly monitoring and reporting on the progress of the full suite of Controllers technology development initiatives on a monthly basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Play a central role in driving projects that contribute to the strategic direction for Controllers' applications and workflows
- Manage project work throughout the systems development lifecycle (planning, analysis, design, testing, and deployment & training)
- Liaise with and represent Controllers in order to initiate and modify systems to meet user requirements, with consideration for the global impact of the project
- Interface and coordinate with project team(s) to define objectives, develop approach, create detailed schedules, provide status updates and prepare deliverables for projects
- Perform in-depth analysis of Controllers' business processes and systems issues to define, propose, and implement strategic technological and procedural workflow improvements
- Partner with technology to ensure solutions meet all project specifications
- Author project-related documentation, i.e. user and functional specifications, testing plans, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Employ strong written and verbal communication skills to provide frequent project updates to project stakeholder/sponsors and users of all levels
- 5+ years of work experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
- Demonstrated experience in successfully delivering business technology projects on time and on budget using defined project lifecycle and project management methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written); confident in interaction with all levels of employees
- Ability to communicate (both verbally and written) complex technical information in non-technical terms with cross-cultural sensitivity to our global stakeholders
- Prior experience in financial services industry preferred
- Experience with Financial Reporting applications
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and business process modeling tools such as Signavio and Visio
- Thrives in fast-paced, deadline driven environment as both an individual and team contributor
- Ability to identify, address, and prioritize problems and issues throughout all phases of the project
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top