Finance, Controllers, Controllers Pricing & Valuation Group (CPVG), VP, New York
Controllers ensure that the firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. In the Controllers Department, our professionals measure the profitability of, and risks associated with, every aspect of the firm's business. Controllers also ensure that the firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations that govern transactions in the financial markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Controllers Pricing and Valuation Group (CPVG) is seeking a Vice President level hire to join the New York team. The individual will contribute to the team through involvement in the following:
- Liaise with controllers globally to understand, critically analyze and report the results of the firm's monthly price verification process.
- Analyze specific areas of risk for appropriateness of pricing.
- Perform financial modeling and fundamental analysis to value less liquid assets.
- Perform financial modeling to value complex derivative transactions.
- Identify emerging valuation risks.
- Support reporting and analysis related to financial disclosures.
- Lead projects with a team of Technologists and Modelers to enhance the existing valuations infrastructure.
- At least 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Finance, Economics or a quantitative discipline
- Prior experience in valuations or financial analysis required
- CFA preferred but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills; proficient in desktop applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Keen interest in financial markets; keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic and market trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Successfully handles multiple tasks; works intensively towards extremely challenging goals and competing priorities
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top