Finance, Controllers, Compensation Accounting/Global Equity Accounting Team, Analyst, Jersey City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Equity Compensation Accounting is responsible for all financial aspects of share-based compensation on a global basis. These responsibilities include the accounting of awards (amortization, employer tax expense and mark to market), projections/budgets, and wage and tax reporting on equity deliveries and Option exercises. In addition, we are also responsible for the Equity Based Comp disclosures including basic and diluted share count for the Firm, Reconciliations, and Balance Sheet Substantiations. We work closely with areas of the firm such as Human Capital Management ("HCM"), Tax, Treasury, Legal and Corporate Financial Reporting.
Compensation Accounting has five regional teams strategically located in Jersey City, London, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and Sao Paulo. This role is located in Jersey City and will support various aspects of Equity Compensation Accounting on a global level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Calculate amortization, mark to market, and employer tax expenses on share-based awards
- Calculate the tax deduction on delivered share-based awards
- Prepare share-based disclosures in accordance with ASC-718 and IFRS2
- Ensure proper Wage & Tax reporting for share-based awards delivered to employees
- Ensure sound operational controls are maintained and followed in compliance with existing internal/external governance
- Perform and maintain support documentation in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation
- Prepare share-based budgets/projections
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Perform testing of system enhancements and liaise with the technology support team
- Prepare standard management reports for various groups and respond to ad hoc queries
- Reconcile data between HCM and Equity Compensation Accounting applications
- Reconcile sub-ledger balances to the general ledger and quarterly balance sheet substantiation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 Years of general accounting experience (share-based accounting a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
- Knowledge in Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 718 and 260
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to constantly changing priorities
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Extreme attention to details and the ability to follow through
- Demonstrate ability to develop positive working relationships
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top