Finance, Controllers, Compensation Accounting, Analyst, Jersey City
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
WHO WE ARE
Compensation Accounting is responsible for accounting, reporting and payment of salary, bonus (Cash and Equity), other types of remuneration paid to employees of the firm and tax payments to domestic and international tax authorities.
These responsibilities include the accounting of cash payments and equity awards, projections/budgets, wage and tax reporting of employee share-based compensation and share-based disclosures including basic & diluted share count for the Firm. We work closely with other areas of the firm such as Human Capital Management (HCM), Tax, Treasury, Legal and Corporate Financial Reporting.
Compensation Accounting has five regional teams strategically located in Jersey City, London, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and Sao Paulo. This role is located in Jersey City and will support various aspects of Compensation Accounting for Equity and Planning & Analysis on a global level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Calculate monthly accruals for salary, bonus, payroll tax, severance and vacation
- Calculate monthly accruals for amortization at grant date fair value, mark to market, and employer tax expenses on share-based awards
- Prepare budgets/projections for salary, bonus, payroll tax, and share-based awards
- Calculate the tax deduction on delivered share-based awards
- Prepare share-based disclosures in accordance with ASC-718 and IFRS2
- Ensure proper Wage & Tax reporting for share-based awards delivered to employees
- Ensure sound operational controls are maintained and followed in compliance with existing internal/external governance
- Perform and maintain support documentation in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Perform testing of system enhancements and liaise with the technology support team
- Prepare standard management reports for various groups and respond to ad hoc queries
- Reconcile data between HCM and Compensation Accounting applications
- Reconcile sub-ledger balances to the general ledger and quarterly balance sheet substantiation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 Years of general accounting experience (share-based accounting a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and Power Point
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible to constantly changing priorities
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Extreme attention to details and the ability to follow through
- Demonstrate ability to develop positive working relationships
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Some knowledge in Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) 718 and 260 a plus
Please note that we will only respond to those resumes for which we have an interest. Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top