Finance, Controllers, Compensation Accounting, Analyst, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
Are you passionate about Compensation Accounting and Individual Tax Reporting? We're looking for a professional to join our corporate accounting team in Hong Kong who is interested in Asia compensation accounting functions at Goldman Sachs.
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Compensation Accounting group (CA) is responsible for the payment, accounting and reporting of all salary, bonus, and other types of remuneration paid to employees of the firm. The CA team in Asia is based in Hong Kong and is responsible for 8 payroll locations across Asia, the largest being Hong Kong and Singapore. The CA group in Asia works closely with external payroll vendors in a number of locations, as well as, internally, with their colleagues in the CA groups in Europe and the US, and with other areas of the firm such as Human Capital Management, Tax, Treasury, Legal and Financial Reporting. We are seeking a qualified and experienced individual to join the Asia Compensation Accounting team based in Hong Kong.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Coordination and processing of compensation information
- Reporting and accounting, both internally as well as to external authorities
- Commitment to control, ensuring data has gone through proper internal controls
- Review, reconcile and substantiate general ledger account balances
- Assisting in formulating payroll processes to facilitate new operations for the firm
- This may involve new pay entity set-up or implementing tax effectiveness programs or new benefit programs
- Working closely with global CA counterparts in the administration of compensation reporting
- Documentation of processes
- Participation in global projects.
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Details and controls oriented
- Committed, self-motivated and proactive, with a desire to succeed
- Strong PC skills, particularly MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Good organizational skills and a focus on meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of individual income tax and benefit programs would be an advantage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top