Finance, Controllers, Capital Analysis, Planning & Reporting, Analyst, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Regulatory Reporting and Analysis associates are responsible for performing various reporting related activities related to the Basel framework. The associate will work to promote completeness and accuracy of the external and internal reporting function through the development and management of policies, procedures and controls.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Key responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Gain an expert level knowledge of the regulatory capital rules and develop a control mindset
- Calculate and report capital and risk weighted assets relating to Credit and Market Risk that feed into the firm's regulatory filings
- Perform trend and variance analysis on data inputs, calculated outputs and regulatory filings
- Develop and document procedures for calculations and reporting
- Enhance and improve workflow and infrastructure to meet current and future regulatory rules and reporting requirements
- Provide business level capital attribution to assist revenue divisions in taking capital considerations into account when making transaction decisions
- Perform varied ad-hoc analysis
- Develop and manage relationships with colleagues from the broader controllers teams, as well as Corporate Treasury, Market, Credit and operational Risk, Legal, Technology
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, math or engineering
- New college graduate or 1 or 2 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding of the Basel Framework and/or regulatory reporting
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top