Finance, Controllers, Accounting Policy, Senior Analyst/Associate, New York
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
This individual will work alongside the experienced VPs in the Accounting Policy team as they liaise with the various business units and corporate functions on applying existing accounting standards and the firm's accounting policies to transactions and corporate level activities. Individual will be closely involved in assisting in the monitoring and interpreting of various emerging technical accounting issues under U.S. GAAP and assisting in the implementation of new and existing disclosures in SEC filings. As part of the global Accounting Policy team, individual will be exposed to a wide range of both US GAAP literature as well as IFRS and regulatory capital standards. Also, this individual will assist in preparing and maintaining the firm's accounting policy manual.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Assist SEC Financial Reporting and Legal Entity Controllers (LEC) teams develop financial statement disclosures in accordance with applicable U.S. GAAP
• Assist in monitoring emerging accounting standards, liaising with certain standard setters, and participating in discussions with regulatory bodies and industry groups as appropriate
• Research and document technical accounting issues under applicable accounting standards
• Coordinate and assist in the development of accounting policies and periodically update the firm's accounting policy manual as necessary
• Prepare and deliver training related to the firm's accounting policies and emerging accounting standards
• Coordinate departmental activities and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
• Work alongside the experienced VPs as they assist the business units/corporate functions in applying existing accounting guidance to transactions and corporate level activities
• Work alongside the experienced VPs as they advise business units and corporate functions related to new transactions to identify accounting and regulatory issues
• 3- 5 years of experience with financial accounting experience
• B.S. in Accounting (or equivalent) and CPA are required.
• Strong project management skills
• Strong writing and oral communication skills
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team environment
• Regulatory experience a plus
• Big 4 accounting experience a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top