Finance, Bank Management Team, Vice President
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
GS BANK USA
Goldman Sachs Bank USA is a $165 billion New York State-chartered bank and a member of the Federal Reserve System. We offer a wide range of solutions to help our customers meet their financial goals, including high yield savings accounts and a variety of loan products to individuals and private bank, corporate and community clients. We also transact in derivatives and engage in risk management transactions for our clients.
Are you looking for the opportunity to drive and lead projects in a dynamic and growing part of the Firm? We are looking for a professional to join the team that is responsible for supporting management of Goldman Sachs Bank USA (the "Bank") as the Bank grows existing businesses and enters into new and different lines of business (i.e. Marcus, online deposits, GS Select).
We assist in the management of GS Bank USA, balancing the Bank's objectives of commercial efficiency with safety & soundness, to ensure the Bank is appropriately funded, capitalized, governed and controlled. We perform various functions that are fundamental to maintaining a strong control structure for the Bank and execute on initiatives that accommodate and support growth in the Bank.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Vice President will lead projects in the management team of Goldman Sachs Bank USA ("the Bank"), supporting senior Bank management across a wide range of responsibilities central to the operations of the Bank.
- Key liaison on matters relating to the Bank's Board of Directors, including agenda setting, managing the preparation of Board materials, drafting of Bank CEO talking points and coordination of agendas with various Bank committees
- Assist in the drafting of Bank documents and participate in resolution plan, capital plan and board presentations to ensure Bank's strategy and approach is clearly, concisely, and accurately communicated
- Lead and drive projects and deliverables for a wide range of initiatives, including projects that facilitate growth in the Bank's various businesses, including Marcus, online deposits and GS Select
- Manage the Bank's regulatory responses across multiple business areas through collaboration with key business leaders on content, drafting narrative responses and ensuring correct business reviews take place in a timely manner
- Manage and implement certain corporate governance components of the Bank, including the operations of the Bank's key committees and working groups
- Work closely on GS' global Bank strategy for the firm's international banks, coordinating with different internal stakeholders across regions and departments
- Legal background or other evidence of strong writing skills
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Resourceful, self-starter, with excellent analytical, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to take initiative on unstructured assignments
- Focus on idea generation and developing new and innovative processes and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work in a team oriented environment
- Strong project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects with a high attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top