FICC Workflow and Risk Platform Strats
What We Do
Goldman Sachs' Strats business unit is a world leader in developing technologies and models to solve complex business problems. Strats work with the firm's trading, sales, banking and investment management professionals. You will work directly with sales and trading desks to provide cutting-edge technical solutions in a wide range of areas.
As a Workflow and Risk Strat on the credit desk, you will be working directly with the firm's Investment Grade, High Yield, Distressed Credit, Municipals and Latam trading desks. You will be building massively scalable software and systems, developing efficient pricing and risk models, building services for quoting and analytics , and architecting low latency infrastructure solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Developing large scale quoting and real-time risk systems for credit products
- Building efficient pricing models for bonds using numerical and stochastic methods
- Developing services to facilitate swift analytics across large portfolios
- Working directly with traders to navigate rapidly changing market and risk conditions
- Moving the credit desk to more scalable and robust systems as the market transitions to a more automated environment
Who We Look For
An ideal candidate would have strong a strong technical background and problem solving skills, drive to investigate and learn new ideas, and the judgement to deliver quick yet robust solutions.
- Bachelors/MS or PhD in a quantitative field - Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics
- Strong programming background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver accurate results quickly
- Ability to solve problems and to explain the ideas that underlie them
- Experience working with real-time systems
- Knowledge of financial markets / basic financial modeling
WHO WE ARE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top