FICC Technology - Senior Mortgages Front Office Developer - London
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The Global Credit team is looking for a senior front office developer/support person to provide technology solutions for the Mortgages LDN. Person is expected to work on projects developing software, and supporting the desk traders/strats/Ops/Controllers in London.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- The role includes a mix of new application development and support of existing systems
- Understand current business flows and functionality
- Improve with technology where it makes sense
- Work independently on projects/enhancements.
- Communicate with end users & stake holders
- Provide regular status updates
- Ability to work across diverse technologies potentially including Slang/SecDB, Sybase IQ/ASE, Java, Angular JS, C# and proprietary GS development platforms
- Build a strong relationship with the Mortgages Traders and Sales users
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in the mortgages product essential
- 2+ years of experience
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of SecDB/Slang is a plus (only applies to candidates with GS experience)
- Financial background highly desirable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top